Comparison of Remote Sensing Methods

Remote sensing is the most popular analytic software for 10 years. A lot of software was developed in remote sensing area. Such as ArcGIS, Erdas, Idrisi Selva, Map Viewer... But which software is most beneficial and utilizes?

I've chosen an area ( west of the Turkey-Kula volcanic area) in Turkey. Then I downloaded tiff data from USGS servers. But which programme was gonna gave true analytic results?

Arcgıs Supervised Classfication

ArcGıs Unsupervised Classification

First of all, I started with Idrisi Selva. There was a very low difference between supervised and unsupervised classification. Second, I calculated the same area with Erdas Imagine. The difference was very low but more than Idrisi. And finally, I calculated the same analyses with ArcGIS Pro which is my favourite software. I use this programme almost for 2 years. I've created a lot of thematic maps, geological maps, fault maps, mineral analyses with it. But the result was bad for me. Supervised Classification and unsupervised classification result were more than other. There was a very high difference between the two classifications.

In my opinion, Idrisi selva gives always the best classification result. ArcGIS and Erdas Imagine are very beneficial for mineral analyses and to create new maps.

Stay Safe

0 Comments:

Yorum Gönder